ANDIAMO’S Italian translation is “Let’s Go” which is the first thought that comes to mind when a person is contemplating whether they are planning travel for job related or personal business or that well deserved vacation. ANDIAMO Luggage is designed, engineered and crafted to take on all of the challenges confronted by today’s traveler. Traveling with ANDIAMO Luggage means you have the peace of mind that you are in fact traveling with the highest quality luggage manufactured and that epitomizes the ultimate in “LUXURY” travel goods.
Founded in 1975 by the Meyer brothers (Jay and Todd) ANDIAMO’S heritage began with the “passion” for building the “very best” luggage in the world. The Meyer brothers started their own manufacturing facility in Southern California where they sourced the very best materials and components combined with their unique expertise in engineering to develop luggage that was always considered the very best. There have been consistent innovations and modifications infused into the design of ANDIAMO products throughout the years to enforce the objective of being the best made luggage in the world.
BELOW IS A TIMELINE THAT HIGHLIGHTS SEVERAL OF THE MOST NOTABLE PATENTED INNOVATIONS AND PRODUCT FEATURES, INFUSED INTO ANDIAMO PRODUCTS THAT MARK THE EVOLUTION OF THE PRODUCT AND BRAND FROM INCEPTION TO ANDIAMO’S CURRENT REVOLUTIONARY LAUNCH OF THE NEW “AVANTI’ AND PANTERA” LUGGAGE COLLECTIONS
- 1980 - ANDIAMO introduced "bomb cloth" material using military specifications which had the highest abrasion & tear resistance in the luggage industry. For over 30 years this material continues to evolve with new technology in fiber content and construction to remain a leader in strength in the luggage industry.
- 1991 – ANDIAMO introduced the "Full Cellular Memory Frame" which quickly became an industry standard for luggage construction. ANDIAMO continues to evolve and take this technology to the next generation of maximum durability combined with lightweight construction.
- 1991 – ANDIAMO introduced recessed corner mounted wheels to the luggage industry which offers maximum stability making this the best wheel system ever. Now, 99% of the luggage industry is using our corner mounted wheel design.
- 1997 – ANDIAMO introduced Butterfly Tie-Downs to hold clothing in place and eliminate wrinkles. This is still a standard in all ANDIAMO garment bags and trolleys today and adapted by many other luggage manufacturers in their product lines.
- 1999 – ANDIAMO introduced the Double-Button Ergo-Grip handle system. Our recessed handle system is unique in the fact that the release buttons are on the corner of our handle grip rather than the center. This enables the use of either hand, right or left, to release the handle without accidentally releasing it with the palm of your hand when in use. This is still unique today to ANDIAMO products.
- 2006 – ANDIAMO introduced "Unbreakable Zipper Pulls". With a combination of Steel and lightweight unbreakable Polymers we were able to develop zipper pulls that are 20 times stronger and 75% lighter than standard zipper pulls used today. This unique innovation helps to eliminate one of the most significant causes for defects in the luggage industry.
- 2006 – ANDIAMO introduced "Auto-Expand" zipper less expansion system to the trolleys and duffels. This expansion system offers an adjustable expansion system that is spring powered with infinite adjustability. We do away with all of the breakable components in alternative expansion systems. This also is exclusive to ANDIAMO.
- 2013 - "ANDIAMO" is acquired by "24-7 INTERNATIONAL, LLC."; one of the most dynamic entities in the Luggage and Travelware industry.
- 2014 - "ANDIAMO" introduces (2) "revolutionary and sophisticated" product lines at "Mercedes Benz Fashion week" at New York's infamous Lincoln Center. Both the "AVANTI" and "PANTERA" Luggage collections once again offer the best of "Quality, Innovation, and Elegance" to the "LUXURY" luggage market which once again perpetuates the core values of our brand and ensures today's most discriminating consumer that "ANDIAMO" LUGGAGE is infact "ENGINEERED TO TAKE ON THE WORLD".